1967 Porsche 911 Factory Race Car
about 2 months ago
Now available for purchase is the “21” Porsche of America Racing Team Factory race car. This 1967 911 was special ordered by East Coast racer, Jim Netterstrom as a dedicated racer through Joe Heishman’s Porsche. This dealership was well known for ordering Factory racers and even campaigned their own Gold 911 R and 911 ST. Jim raced this car with great success from new in Trans Am, SCCA, as well as the 24 Hours of Daytona, 12 hours of Sebring and the 6 hour event at Watkins Glen. It also raced at just about every other East Coast track in period. Co Drivers included Legends Bruce Jennings, John Kelly, Bob Bailey, Mike Downs and John Sabel who would go on to produce his own brand of race car.
I have owned this car twice over most of the last seven years. After learning the full history of the car after I sold it I had the opportunity to buy it back then restore it again to how it appears today. Great attention to detail and excellent workmanship resulted in a spectacular, multiple award-winning example of an Early 911 racer. I raced the car many enjoyable times in Monterey and showed the car at Amelia Island and on the Avenue in Carmel.
- One of just three full Factory Trans Am road racers produced in 1967. These cars went to Everett, Leckow and Netterstrom.
- One of the earliest and second oldest full Factory road race 911s produced. These cars predated the 911R, TR and ST racers.
- One of the three car Porsche of America Racing Team orchestrated by Bruce Jennings with the backing of Porsche. This was the first time Porsche would back a race team in the U.S.A. with the 911. The two other team cars are 1968 race models. The three cars were originally numbered 20, 21 and 22 just as some of the Factory 917 entries and all three were painted in the American racing colors of white with a blue stripe.
- This 911 has podium finishes at Daytona in 1968 and at Sebring in 1969 along with victories in Trans Am and at other SCCA events.
- This 911 is well documented with the original dealer invoice, the original window sticker, original owner documentation as well as many period images.
- The body tub is original with both the front tub and dash numbers completely intact, original and untampered with. The car has been inspected and authenticated by the original owner who fondly remembers his old racer.
- This 911 has been meticulously restored without regard to cost to the exact appearance as it raced at Daytona and is an Amelia Island first in class award winner. Today the car wears the original magnesium Minilite wheels it raced with and new old stock Good Year Blue Streak tires. The seat is a genuine original 911R type Scheel seat. There are endless period details throughout.
- This 911 is at home on the race track as much as it is a museum piece. It has been beautifully and competitively prepared for Historic racing and has raced in the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion as well as the Porsche Rennsport Reunion multiple times. It is race ready with a tire and seat change. It is fully detailed in top show condition as well.
The Porsche of America Racing Team car affectionately known as “21” represents a rare chance to own a true piece of American Porsche Racing history. These original racers put Porsche on the map in the U.S.A. and genuine, documented cars such as this example are a real rarity today.
Price is $775,000 close offer, Porsche trades considered.
Please ring me via telephone with any questions. (631) 786-6511. Thank you.
Please visit link below for full images:
Follow @ https://www.instagram.com/por_sport/