1988 944 Turbo (Track Car)
about 1 month ago
Well-sorted former PCA Club Racer now used for DE’s. Car only used intermittently between 2005 (when converted to track car) and 2012. Club Racer from 2012-2014 and used for DE’s since 2014; last track time was Nov 2016. Weight approx 2800. Highly modified to include:
• Upgraded to 944 Turbo Cup Specs: No power steering, no ABS, A/C delete, sunroof delete.
• Suspension: Extensive mods with real Charlie A-arms (machined billet aluminum), Bilstein coil-overs (rebuilt 2013), Delrin mounts & bushings & spherical bearings throughout, monoballs, M030 sway bars, adjustable camber plates, strut tower brace.
• Engine: Complete rebuild 2005, to include new main & rod bearings, balance shaft bearings, lifters, oil pump, cam rollers, hoses, fuel lines, fuel pump, injectors, ceramic coated intake manifold, starter, radiator, etc. Has PCA Club Racing compliant Lindsey wastegate (blue), MSD ignition system.
• Brakes: Turbo S brakes front and rear, Pagid Orange pads, 968 cooling ducts, stainless lines, no ABS.
• Transmission: Rebuilt with 944 S2 ring & pinion (with less then 3K miles), factory LSD, hard Kokeln mount, half shafts replaced.
• Safety: Full Matter-type welded in roll cage, driver/passenger race seats with 6-point harnesses, fire extinguisher, master electrical disconnect.
• Wheels/Tires: BBS 18-inch wheels, Hoosier tires 245 front & 285 rear; front tires newer and rears with 2 track days (but all 2+ years old).
• Body: Lexan windshield, fiberglass hood, front air ducts for brake cooling, center console with boost, F/A mixture, and oil temp gauges, detachable Momo steering wheel, lightweight battery repositioned behind passenger’s seat.
• Comfort: Installed Cool Suit system.
• Maintenance & Upgrades since 2012:
➢ August 2012: Lindsey Racing rebuilt head & O-ringed with Wide Fire head gasket.
➢ August 2012: New timing belt, water pump, pulleys.
➢ May 2013: New clutch & 930 pressure plate.
➢ May 2013: New rod bearings.
➢ May 2013: Fresh clutch master & slave cylinders, fresh timing/crank sensor & bracket.
➢ May 2013: External oil cooler, stainless 3 inch exhaust installed.
➢ April 2014: Wide Fire head gasket replaced, new front wheel bearings.
➢ December 2014: Custom short shift kit and new shift linkage installed.
➢ March 2016: Cartek shift light installed.
➢ May 2016: Upgraded turbo to K26/8, Lindsey Racing 951 Max Performance chip, OBX custom stainless headers, new coolant expansion tank. (Cost $5246).
➢ September 2016: New rear wheel studs (longer for spacer plates) & new rear wheel bearings.
➢ January 2017: Replaced front fender & left rear quarter panel after low speed slide into tires at last track day. Fully repaired & repainted.
• Engine Oil: Brad Penn 20W-50; changed after each DE weekend.
• Brake Fluid: Motul RBF-600; last change/flush Jan 2016 (8 track days).
• Brake Pads: Pagid Orange front & rear; last changed March 2015 (14 track days).
• Transmission Fluid: Last changed Feb 2015 (16 track days).
• Coolant: Last change/flush May 2016 (4 track days).
• Engine Air Filter: Last changed April 2016. (8 track days).
WHY THE SALE??
I have moved to Waynesville, NC from Pensacola, FL early 2017 and unfortunately was not able to take the car with me due to lack of room at the new house.
I have receipts for essentially all work done on the car as described above.
Car is currently located with my mechanic in Pensacola, FL.
ALSO AVAILABLE (and will sell separately if desired):
1. Cool water shirt by Cool Shirt Systems, size XL, new condition (used 3 times); new cost $144; will sell for $75. Goes with car’s installed Cool Suit system.