1983 911 SC
San Diego, CA
3 months ago
I am the third owner and have had the car since 2009. The car runs perfectly and everything works! This is not a concourse car but overall is in excellent condition. I have all the maintenance records from the previous owner and the car has been meticulously maintained by European Auto in Vista, CA for over 15 years. No oil leaks. Engine pulls strong. From what I can tell paint is original. All scheduled maintenance religiously kept. Feel free to contact Joe or Cameron for detailed technical / mechanical information about the car as I’m not a mechanic! Some of the upgrades, repairs, improvements that I have done to the car:
- Added front shock torsion bar
- Upgraded Alpine Stereo, speakers, subwoofer
- Re-upholstered front driver seat
- All rubber seals (doors, sunroof, trunk, hood) replaced
- Paint has been professionally detailed
- New engine sound pad
- Engine recently dropped for #5-cylinder replacement (Contact European for full explanation) – This is a weird one – the cylinder pulled in a screw (yes, a screw) that scored up the top of the cylinder and the cylinder wall. I have pictures to prove it! Joe at European had a set of cylinders from an 80’s SC that he replaced the damaged one with. When the engine was out of the car the multiple seals were replaced and the engine and engine compartment was cleaned up. No one has any explanation on how this happened – but $10k later the engine is up and running and back in the car.
- New Clutch
- New Brake Pads and Rotors front and rear.
- New fuel filter, fuel filter, CDI ignition module
- New plug wires
- New Master Brake Cylinder
- New high-performance ignition Coil
- Hand painted Porsche wheel logo’s
This is a wonderfully maintained driver’s car. It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty darn close. Some of the things I know the car needs: There’s a couple of visible but slight dings (driver side door, trunk, right rear quarter panel) that could be addressed – I’ll try to show via pictures. An oil line is slightly pinched (but doesn’t restrict the flow) under the driver side. The windshield washer fluid lines are not connected. And that’s about it!
In the 9+ years that I have owned the car it has never been driven in the rain. It is housed in my southern CA garage under a cover and is driven on weekends and a random drive to work now and again. I believe I have put about 12K miles on the car in 9 years.
So why am I selling? I don’t really want to, but we are moving and trying to simplify a bit. The car has been a wonderful, but I just inherited another Porsche that I would like to restore. As I’m not a full-blown mechanic – two 80’s Porsches is a bit much! If you are serious about buying the car – I’m happy to spend some time with you in person or on the phone to give the full history, as I know it, on the car. If your questions get too technical – I may defer to Joe at European.