3 months ago
1972 Porsche 911S
- White/Black interior. The 911S was the pinnacle of the early model range.
- 93,300 miles
- One owner since 1985
- All service and repair records dating back to 1985
- Original matching engine and transmission numbers
- Porsche Certificate of Authenticity included in sale
- 2.4 liter original mechanically injected 190 horsepower engine
- Complete engine rebuild 2011 @89,142 miles
- Complete transmission rebuild in 2011 @89,466 miles
- Transmission refresh performed in January 2018. New synchros installed where needed and new Sachs clutch installed.
- Factory limited slip differential
- Non-sun roof coupe.
- Weight 2320 lbs.
- Always garaged
- Bare metal, original color, re-paint 2005 and presently has ceramic coating
- All rubber body seals replaced 2005
- New black headliner installed 2005
- 3 sets of 7×15 and 8×15 Fuchs alloy rims with tires. New tires installed 12/5/17.
I am the 2nd owner of this car and have owned it for the past 33 years. The car is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition and has always been garaged. It was used as a reliable daily driver, driver’s education car, and then in PCA Club Racing (stock class, typically 2-3 events per year) The car last raced in the PCA 25 year vintage club race in September of 2016 at Summit Point raceway (won 2nd place in class UV )
It presently has a bolt-in roll bar, Kirkey race seats, upgraded suspension, modified exhaust, and other sundry items to bring it in compliance for PCA club racing, however, these items could easily be removed if the new owner wanted to bring the car back to near stock condition. I have many of the parts which I removed from the stock car in my garage which would be included in the sale. Car is presently registered as Historic and is streetable.