2003 Porsche Carrera
Jake at 773-267-2684
26 days ago
996 C4 Cab, 42k Miles, Extensive Service Receipts, 6spd Manual
2003 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet
Arctic Silver / Graphite Grey Leather
Only 42,550 Miles!
Recent Complete Engine Rebuild & IMS Retrofit
6spd Manual Transmission
VIDEO WITH LISTING
Chicago Car Club is pleased to present this 2003 Porsche 911 C4 Cab!
We’re selling this lovely 996 C4 Cab on behalf of a local client who has owned the car since 2011. Over the course of her 7 year ownership, this car has seen a tremendous amount of servicing, receipts for all of which will come with the car. In 2013, at just over 39k miles, this car suffered IMS failure. The car has since been gone through in its entirety by German-car-specialists VFC Engineering of Chicago, rebuilt to the tune of right about $30k. Please inquire for a scan of detailed service receipts, but in the last 3k miles this car has seen the following, among many other things:
- Disassemble and clean engine, ridge ream and hone cylinders, fit pistons, rings, pins, main and rod bearings, grind valves, and tune up. At this time the IMS was replaced with an L&N unit, the timing chain and tensioners were done, the water pump was replaced, and fluids were all flushed.
- Clutch replacement (disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, slave cylinder), flywheel replacement, brake pads and rotors replaced, all four wheels restored, new Michelin Pilot Sports mounted.
As it sits, this car is completely sorted and ready to be enjoyed. The leg work is done, the owner has set her sights on something else, and now this car just needs someone who will use it! The car has been driven about 2500 miles since the complete rebuild, and feels truly excellent in every respect.
- Original Arctic Silver paint shows phenomenally well. Please watch the video that accompanies the listing for close-ups of all cosmetic imperfections. Imperfections are limited to a couple small dings; overall, the car is in excellent cosmetic order.
- Wheels are in as-new condition, having been restored just a couple thousand miles ago. Michelin Pilot Sports are excellent as well.
- Black convertible top functions as it should and is in great shape. The car will also come with a silver hardtop, which is in nice shape and free of any damage.
- All glass and light lenses are clear and crack-free.
- Graphite Grey leather interior is extremely clean throughout. No damage, scuffs, stains, scratches, etc. Wear is only very slight, and is consistent with 42k miles of road use.
- Seats are in great shape. No burst seams or anything of the sort.
- Dash is excellent shape. Truly appears like-new.
- All powered systems are functional. This includes air conditioning, heat, defrost, powered top, powered seats, radio, windows, and all gauges. The car will come with two sets of keys.
- Carpeting is in excellent shape, as are black rubber floor mats
- Door panels are very nice. No damage or kicked-open markings.
Under the Hood / Underbody:
- Runs and drives extremely well. No tendencies of concern. The car starts right up first turn, idles steady and cool, accelerates well, sounds absolutely fantastic, tracks and brakes straight, and soaks up bumps very nicely. Quick, engaging, responsive, and a real pleasure to drive top-down.
- If interested in a complete run-down of mechanical services completed since the IMS failure in 2013, please reach out. Rebuild of the original engine was extensive, thorough, and executed by a locally-renown German specialist.
- Underbody is just as nice as the rest of the car. No damage, no rust. This car has been garage-kept and it shows.
Overall, this ’03 C4 Cab is a clean, low-mile, well-documented example in the fantastic Arctic Silver over Graphite Grey colorway. Car will be sold with all original manuals and booklets, as well as dozens of service receipts from VFC Engineering of Chicago. Please reach out to Jake at 773-267-2684 with any questions, requests, or to discuss purchasing.