2003 Porsche 911
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
3 months ago
Porsche Model: 996
Options: Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Slate Grey / Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual – 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD
About the car
I bought the car in north Texas (dry climate, no rust) from a 60 years old doctor in 2010. Never been in any accident, clean carfax. The car was always under extended warranty and serviced at the Dealer even thought the only thing I had to do were water pump and RMS. Car is owned free and clear, title on hand.
I have tons of paperwork showing all the car history, including window sticker, previous owner cpo paper, PPI from when I purchased the car. I also have 3 keys, 2 main ‘regular’ keys and a third one that has no transmitter ‘head’.
The Aerokit (front bumper, side skirts and rear wing) was installed last year at the dealership. It is composed of brand new all OEM factory part, no cheap fiberglass here. It was painted and installed by the dealership body shop. The rear wing is the proper aerokit wing with proper wiring harness, not a gt3 retrofit. I still have the orignal rear deck and front bumper. The kit was not installed because of any accident, I just always wanted it to look that way so I did it.
Over the years, I attended 10 HPDE events with the car and it always ran flawlessly. Not a drop of oil consumption, no overheating. I drove the car from Texas to Florida in 3 days and it ran like a dream.
I currently have an Extended warranty (fidelity) bought at the Porsche dealer (Champion Fl.) and valid until october 2014.
- All body panels are in perfect conditions, except few dings, see ‘the bad’ section below
- The car doesn’t use a drop of oil in between oil changes
- Gas mileage on highway is +-25mpg, which show good working lifter and variocam
- Never a drop in coolant level either
- IMS is original showed no sign of leak during RMS replacement. Kept in place to keep warranty
- cup holder tiny arm spring broken, but I have a new spare not installed yet and it is still functional
- The engine is 100% stock down to the air filter. No aftermarket pars have even been installed on the engine.
- The car is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
While I believe the car is a 8/10 inside out, there are minor things that an OCD buyer will notice:
- (see photo) Headlight show sign of wear, the plastic is getting hazy. Not dramatic but 60% of the surface losts its prime shine/transparency.
- (see photo) There is a slight ‘print’ on the rear bumper. I backed out a bit too close to the wall in my previous condo and the chain link printed on the plastic a bit, but the paint was not scratched at all. You can’t barely see it but it is there.
- (see photo) The hood has 3 small ding caused by an object left in the trunk which bumped into the inside, you would have to use reflection to see it from the outside but it did scratch the inside of the hood a quite a bit.
06/2012: new headlight switch
03/2013: new ignition switch
08/2013: new front rotors
10/2013: new water pump, porsche fluid flush
01/2014: New battery
03/2014: new RMS, new clutch slave cylinder, new Throw-Out Bearing, new transmission oil, brake and clutch flush, IMS not leaking and clutch has plenty of life left. oil and filter change done at the same time.
Factory option list:
Black full leather with dark grey deviated stiching
Carbon interior package OEM
Self dimming mirror interior-exterior
Rear center console carbon
lowered seats 10mm OEM
Carbon door sil
Special Chassis rigidity tune OEM
Remote CD changer in trunk
Upgrades & gizmos:
- Aerokit factory part ($6k unpainted parts alone at suncoast
- dension 500 to connect ipod to factory audio system ($500)
- X51 oil pan OEM ($300)
- fisterD exhaust
- high flow catalytic converters
- RoW M030 suspension
- braided brake lines
- willwood hitch with all the proper electrical connections
- bumper plug color matched door lock …plugs
- B&M short throw shifter assembly
- Rennline aluminum shift handle
- GT3 front ducts (front+back)
- RS engine motor mounts ($400)
- Durametric Diagnostic tool Enthusiast Option II (cables for 996 and 944)
- Various Porsche special tools and spare parts
- Heatshield custom fit sun shade
- 996 Essential Companion
- Workshop manual PDF
- Porsche car cover – custom fit to match aerokit wing.